Sunday, July 8, 2007

for fun, I will attempt to paint this one. as my goal to get better with draperies I decided to wear a rope for this one. lol, i try to paint at work but don't to mess this place up , might get fired or something. I think i m getting high of of this paint tinner. mixing colors are fun but it will take time before i get the colors i want, for now i m still a noob with it. hope to start tomorrow and finish this week its only 14x20 so it shouldn't take too long.

Notes:, always refer to the extreme colors of the entire piece as you laying down the value

Must get colors :
resilen??
titanium/zinc white (lafront)
cadmium lemon
Cadmium Yellow medium
Raw Sienna
Cadmium Orange
(Rembrand) Permanent Red Medium
Permanent Alizarin Crimson (winsor newton)
Transparent Oxide Brown (Rembrand)
Prussian Blue (rembrand)
Ivory Black(winsor newton) bultrick black

Canvas,
Utretct 990 , oil-primed linen medium Weave.

Rough Mayer fromula
Painting Medium
5 parts thinner
1 part stand oil
1part damar varnish

brushes:
Sable
Bristal
Fibert
flat and round sable for detailing

1 comment:

M. Dinardi said...

Nice image to paint!
When painting in unique settings, like on my lunch break in the park... I have used the water soluable oils. I really like them; they blend nicely (important for drapery) thin /clean with water and have a unique smell. I love the smell of oil paint. To make things simple, I paint with just Ivory Black and Titanium White. It is called a "griselle" painting,French for grey. It is an old masters technique. When the greyscale underpainting is done and dry, you glaze the color over it. Turns out quite nice really. I scan the image before the glaze so I can play in photoshop. Some how when you are not concerned with color, just tonal value, the painting goes quickly and easily.
Makes painting in umique settings easy! Two tubes of paint is a small investment. Use your regular oils for the glazes. Disposable pallette pads are 5$ Good luck and careful draughtmanship!