Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Octlove

Something i wish i had.

Its fun to change things up a bit, the concept is interesting, get me thinking about doing other similar ideas. I think that suppose to be a chick? I think i may draken the background even more. but for now, its pretty good. i put in approximately 2.5 hours. I try to use minimal colors that way its not so over colorful. All thanks to Carol for the original concept.
Original drawing done by Carol at www.carolroque.com and www.brokeneyeball.blogspot.com
with her permission i did my own twisted version of the one above. spent about two hours on this one. will finish the greay scale tonight and mask in colors tomorrow. Cheers.!!

2 comments:

Carol Roque said...

no chatree, im not mad at you. I think you did a pretty good on it. Certainly your style i guess. I dont so much like how you paint it though..how you add the color. And it looks like he's bitting on his tounge or something.
I like how you treated the octopus though.
overall, nice. :)

Carol Roque said...

..i modified my original with digital paint a bit, to make the octopus more correct-looking. At first you might not be able to tell much.

but its much better. take a look at it!