Thursday, September 6, 2007

Days of learning

Today was nice, I went to visit the shop, actually it was quite long but still fun. i went in at 3pm and didn't get home till 12am. The place is a lot bigger then I'd anticipated, which is nice. There are 6 open rooms. well, i think 2 are taken. Robert told me I was free to pick what ever is open and decorate it out to my liking. I think it's great but at the same time i was wondering if that's alright. right now I'm still in the learning process so I would feel like i m just taking up spaces. a space which can be use for something more important? I help picked up a few things.

I'm very thank-full that he kept me on his list and wanting me to be there :) we talked back in May. Between then and now I was a little worried, but kept positive out look about it. while they were looking for the perfect place for the shop I was hard at work drawing day and night and it does pay off. It feels nice to have others putting good faiths in me. Diana and Tracy are very nice. so far I like everyone a lot and they seem to like me too. I'm usually very quite when meeting people for the first time, it' ll take time before i am comfortable around them.. I think that i m pretty friendly so ..it should be good. we re right across high school so ..this will be interesting.

After work, around 6pm we left to go to Robert's place. there i watched Robert Tattooed Diana and Traci for several hours. He tought me many tricks. His a great artist. I love his line qualities, it shows lots of confident, his colors are awesome too. he's been doing it for 10 years now.

my goal is to get up and running within a month or so, so i will be at the shop everyday from open till close. leaning and doing what ever. Tues to Saturday while at the same time work at my other job on the weekend. the great thing about the hours are...well, the shop don't open till 12 noon and closed at 8pm. so i can stay up late and still have the night to do something fun and productive. I really want to meet new people and make new friends.
I'm just happy to be here right now ..or in my position. tomorrow i get to go help with the move too and we open on Saturday at 10 am.

according to my calculation, I will be there for about 40 hours a week plus 24 hours at my old job...so that = 64 hours work week. ...that doesn't sound very fun. oh well, that's just life. don't worry, I will keep posting here as often as possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where's the shop located?

chatree said...

Hi Camilla,
lol, someone actually read my crap :P It is in Tolleson, near the 101 and I10 west across the street from the Tolleson High school. you should come by and visit sometime..when i am able to tattoo. love to see you there.