Saturday, September 8, 2007

That was fun!

First Friday went great, I went with several of my art friends: Jessi, Chris, and Damien. Made a ton of connections. I meet College Time (local newspaper) representative. he told me he really liked my stuff and mentioned about artist profile section and will passed my business to his editor. Maybe they'll want to make my profile in there?
I told him about the tattoo shop and he wanted to drop by and visit. It would be fun to see how I progress. this month I was smart enough to have made some business card. woo-hoo to that! I have several people (fans) asking about tattoos already :) I got several others asking if i like to do a design.

Joey wrote me
"Hey man this is Joey. My brother Nick and friend Chris talked to you today at first friday. You said something about doing tattoos tomorrow. I was wondering if you were going to put up some pics of your tattoo pieces anytime soon. Because you put a lot of detail in your work. I would just like to see how it turns out. So whenever you can just get back to me on that and keep up the good work."

First official day at the shop I spent most of my day meeting many new faces. tracing line arts and seeing how to operate the machine. I should be up and running in no time. I was watching Robert doing a noise piercing. Ouch! it was really fast and looked pretty painful. lol, He told me that I should learn how to do piercing after I'm done with tattoo.

Jessi told me i was crazy for not trying or wanting to sale my art work. I told her my art are to be admire and enjoy by others and that is all i really want it to be. It is worthless...oh wait...priceless sounds better :)
Jessi is a very good artist. She has very nice line work, awesome style and very flexible. Although she says that she can't do certain thing very well, ie:shading. But I know that she's got it in her. she just need a little support more practices. Actually to be honest, she very much reminds me of me back when i was younger. well in some area as far as art goes. I was afraid to use colors for many many years. actually only last year did i actually started to get into colors. a bit of a late start but better late then never i suppose. Lol, she's doing the same thing, I was telling her how important it is to get a good jump start with it and not wait till she's my age. actually she's only 22 so..i guess she's got quite a few year. but if she starts now she ll be 10x where i m at when she gets to my age. I will post some of the stuff we worked on the other night. We were out till 5 am the other night drawing.

I have long day ahead of me. i ll be at work from 10 am till 7am sunday morning. :( oh well. it ll be fun .


bad grammers..sigh , I am trying to get better :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro... Hows it going? Great, it sounds like,(I read your blog)... Thats cool, Im happy for you... getting into it, making connections and all that fun stuff... Way to go my friend!!!