Friday, March 30, 2007

Ctrl+Z

2670 2C
heh, that reminds me, the other day while i was painting with oil by hand, I kept trying to find Ctrl+Z everytime i made mistakes. it was almost frustrating, becaue in my mind, i was thinking yaah, you can make mistake and undo real fast, so I was automatically doing all this simple mistakes on my painting thinking that it was no big deal. and then obviously you get the idea.

using lots of different programs really requied......a type of skills. ....can't think of a word for it but ummm...patients?? many time i would try to push short cut keys from maya in max or max in maya , or painter in photoshop, or mudox in maya or unfold 3d in max or window in mac. . yah you get the point. alot of time during late night i would keep pushing the same wrong damn key, over and over. heh, thats when i know i need to get to sleep.

1 comment:

M. Dinardi said...

I'm always looking for Illustrator tools in Photoshop and vice versa. Then if I'm using photoshop alot, I try to move the viewports in Maya with the space bar which pops up the interface! Try working on a Mac during the day and a PC at night!

"Real" painting is a whole different ball game.
The master painters would scumble...wipe or scrap the paint off the canvas, leaving some pigment in the crevices of the canvas weave to guide the re-do.

Since you have time at your job you might want to try painting griselle paintings. Griselle is the French word for grey. Paint in greyscale using Ivory Black and white paint (I suggest water soluable oils since you are at work) on small (5x7) panels.When you get home and they are dry, you paint transparent glazes of color and boom! they come to life.
I did a green pepper/purple eggplant this way that people seem to like a lot.

Great book: 60 minutes to better painting by Craig Nelson
ISBN: 1-58180-196-3