Thursday, March 22, 2007

Me need money, lots of it.

same idea, i quickly sketch this out and we both this it. its amazing to see how individual colors perceptions are. On this excercise I used as many colors on as possible, we have very short amount of time, so it forces me to just throw it on. if it dont work then put the next color on...you get the idea, but the previous color doen'st fully cover up with the new color so it helps to shape the drawig into its own style. really neat.
I used digital water colors for this one, I wasn't very careful or affraid to as how clean it should look, just wanted to put it on there and give it its own style. was just having fun with colors. we did this in 10 mins, check out Gary's version at Twincircle Productions
some of you probably don't think I can do this style , but ..i m full of surprisese.
while waiting for my friend to get out of the shower i did this real fast, 6 mins to be exact. we will use this as our coloring excercise tonight.


Dear Journal:
I know Money can't buy happiness and I hate to sound like a hypocrite but thats all I desire right now. obviously people that say being rich isn't everything have not experiene the joy of being rich yet. I' m tire of drawing for myself, i meant i love to draw but damit i also must eat and paybills too..and enjoy the joy of being able to buy a few material things . lets see. student loan is 400, rent 400 (thats with roomates, by my self i m sure it ll be at least 600+) , credit bill 400, food and other 300= 1500 a month, its not much..but its alot when you have shitty ass job. (working a full time job at 10 an hour couldn't pay for that) I should just get a job doing what i love, well not really, because i ll be doing it for someone else, but what ever, i ll get pay and most importantly improve on my art skills. On my freetime i can do my art as a hobbie (painting, digital painting., whatever) maybe i ll get lucky and sale it on the side but mainly it would be purely for my enjoyment. if all i do all day at work is art on the computer then coming home to do oil painting sure would be a treat. Paint on the weekends work on the week days sounds pretty good. I guess if i wanted to get hardcore abou it, i can spent every free minutes painting and doing art after work, ...let see ..work from 9 to 5. paint from 6 to 2 am, sleetp from 2 to 8am, its very doable, assuming i give up my social life, relationships, friends, well, your life in general..Heck i'm already doing that right now anyways. I think i am going to limit my sleeping habit to about 6 hours a night. I guess what I m tryign to say is that , i don't want to draw and hope someone will like it and buy it,I have lots of time to do that on my own. I want to draw because I know someone will buy it or i know I am being paid for it. I see alot of friends that went to school to get a fine art degree in painting, they were very passionate and hyped up and it. I do greatly admired them for that, but in the end alot of them just kind of lost intrest in it.. .I guess I woudn't really be scared or surprise, if i ended up like that, but i know what i can do. NO Duh!!

"buy my paintings or die"

No comments: