Friday, March 9, 2007

New hobbie

here's a slightly better one, I love how easily oil colors blends together. I still can't mix colors very well though. I would make some colors i need and then forget how i got that color when i finised using it all up. I need to pick up smaller brushes. ..a 1 and a fan brush. you ll have to see this one in person the appreciate its colors,which i am lacking as of the moment buti do enjoy moving my hands. well, a live model would definately help to make this piece more realistic, having a girl friend would help alot...assuming she wants to pose in the nude for you. looks like she could use a little red on her face. will until tomorrow, must let this dry out a bit
unfortunately the camera pic looks nothing the original should, its pretty disappointing, i am pretty exciting to see how its turning out so far. i spent about an hour today working on it. this time onthe patio where there's planty of natural light. as you can tell, yellow turned green somehow..I better eat before i forget again.
practiceing forms. i love reflective lights, they're so fun to do.
the next house i am working on.
I enjoyed painting quite a bit, since it makes my room smell funny, i think i ll have to paint on the patio from now on, but thats ok, its nice out most day anyways. I am going to paint at least an hour or so a day, on or off the computer, I am going to by a few smaller canvas to practice on today. I want to do some still life for fun, to bring up my color observation skills and all that fun stuff. heh, Today we went to see 300, that was a great movie.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Very cool stuff as always. I really like the forms using the reflective light. The girl is coming along well to, although the pic is not accurate color wise, I can visualize it.

Anonymous said...

Woot! Nice work on the Painting Rendering love the flow and action of the Hair.

House Rendering looks alot better.

-Kevin