Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Preparing to paint

I love cats, He/she reminds me of my first cat i had when i was 11. I named him Icebox, I love to have a cat, but i always worry that they wont come home, and alot of them did not. i like to keep it inside all its life but that kinda defeat the purpose of living life to its fullest. well, i guess i just don't want to cry anymore when i lose another cat.
just wanted to demonstrate how big i want it to be, here's a quick ..superimpose of the drawing.
My nightly fun painting, i think i goo the colors i want for the background, added anohter 1.5 hours to this since the last time i touch it. in this painting, i show details where the lights hit while leaving the darker area with little detail.
Today I went to school to print out some of my drawing i did in Painter. I m transferng it onto canvas and will start painting sometime this week. I like to print out my drawing to match the canvas size and see if it protrays the mood i want. of course it would be alot better in colors but for now its too expensive. I found that painting at smaller size makes life alot harder, i can't add the details i want. looking at it at that actual size really captures the mood of this drawings. the one on the wall in the back ground i am still tweaking. but i think thats about the size i want it to be. 24x36 inch. for now it almost capture the contrast i wanted and it looks great on the wall, now all i need to do is get started on the girl. that one will be for mom and Colin. hope it ll turn out good but i do have lots of research material that will help so it ll be fun. the canvas size with the drawing of the girl is 20x35"

Have Confident in your art work Chatree!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A painting a day---> http://duanekeiser.blogspot.com/

its kinda cool..kinda like the color studies you do. still lives and stuff.. you might enjoy.

and he does it using real paint.