Friday, March 16, 2007

trying to remember Mudbox

yep, still doing it.
fun run with mudbox
The last thing i worked on for my friend's group, not sure if anyone remember it. Surprisingly it deforms fairly nicely. i didn't have to mess with anything to get it to pose .

Its been a while since I used Mudbox, 6 months to be exact, thought i give it a fun run tonight. All the tricks i knew is all but forgotten. no big deal. I am trying to bring my 2d skill up to a more exceptable level and then i will go back and textures all my models for sure. Work's ok, nothing hard. This week end i get to go paint again. and will set up my next canvas. ...blah blah blah. me going brain dead
Pride
too much pride to see where they can improve.
get all ass hurt because someone give them an honest cretiques and they don't agree with. though out years of observations i notice alot of them are way close minded...i.e " well, thats the way it suppose to be" "I meant to do it like that" "that's my style" blah blab blah. weather its true or not, shit take it, any cretique is better then none. (where there's good qualities there's always bad ones too) dont get me wrong i do it all the time too, but as i get older, i learn to appreciate it alot more. sometime, well, actually lots of times, when i work on a piece for a ver long time, i can't see many obvious mistakes and I usually show it to my friends or who ever to see what i can't see. when an "Artist" ask me to cretique their work, I'll just be like, do you perfer the truth or a lie? mybe i just keep things easier by just keeping my mouth shot.
I would be so very happy to get honest cretique from anyone, preferabely from someone way way beyond my skill level. i love for him/her to give me the good points about my work and most importantly where i can improve or if need be, tear my stuff apart.obviously there's a different between saying "this drawing sucks" and be done with it and "this drawing sucks because..blah blah blah" its ok to say it , but it ll be hard to not appear ignorence with out valet reasons as to why.
Lets face it, how the Fuck does "It looks good, I like it a lot" help me?

No comments: